Dark chocolate helps you relax while kiwi makes you sleep better
When it comes to overcoming some of health and beauty’s “bad” situations, foods might be just what you’re looking for! As a matter of fact, researches showed that some types of foods help your body overcome lots of daily problems:
– Ginger contains anti-inflammatory compounds and volatile oils called gingerols that have shown pain killing and sedative effects in animal studies where researchers at the University of Georgia found that consuming 2 grams (g) of raw or heat-treated ginger per day can reduce post-workout muscle soreness by 25 percent.
– According to George Washington University School of Medicine researchers, eating foods like salmon that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids could decrease inflammation, which researchers believe could be one of the underlying causes of acne.
– According to researchers in Taiwan, the high levels of antioxidants and serotonin in kiwi might help people sleep better as people with sleep disorders often have increased levels of oxidative stress, and low levels of serotonin may cause insomnia.
– According to an Italian study, 75 percent of people with irritable bowel syndrome saw a major reduction in symptoms, including bloating and flatulence, after taking peppermint oil capsules for four weeks. And in a study in the journal Pain, researchers from the University of Adelaide found that peppermint soothes inflammation and pain in the gastrointestinal tract.
– Researchers from the Nestlé Research Center in Switzerland found that eating about one bar of dark chocolate every day for two weeks significantly lowered the level of the stress hormone cortisol in people with self-reported high levels of stress.
– The vegetables are probably the healthiest items on the plate so always eat them first and save any sweet and fatty portions for last.
– According to a Japanese study, researchers found that the good bacteria in the yogurt overpowered the hydrogen sulfide, or bad bacteria, and helped reduce the level of odor-causing hydrogen sulfide bacteria in your mouth.