Kiwi is a slimming food that can be eaten plain or cooked. It originates from China, it is low in calories, and it brings plenty of vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants. It is just what a pregnant woman needs!
Reasons to eat Kiwi:
• Kiwi brings you the recommended daily dose of vitamin C which defends your viral and bacterial infections, it helps you absorb iron and has a strong antioxidant effect.
• Kiwi is a natural laxative high in fiber and helps you get a proper digestion and a good transit, it also contains actinides, a natural enzyme that boosts digestion of animal protein.
• Kiwis are rich in antioxidants, nutrients that protect us from heart diseases and ageing and boosts the healthy development of the fetus because it is rich in folic acid, a vitamin B that is essential for pregnant women!
• Eating kiwi can limit hunger; it increases very gradually the level of blood sugar and prevents the body from producing too much insulin, it also reduces also the risk of diabetes and heart disease and may be effective for patients with constipation problems for its richness in dietary fibres.
• Kiwi is an excellent source of vitamin K for women and men it boosts wound healing better than the application of a traditional antimicrobial cream and is a good source of potassium and copper.